Friday 8 August 2014

Nice to meet you

ok so my name is Joy, I have an "African" name, 2 in fact, but I prefer this one only because it describes me better. My ID says I'm 34 but I feel like I'm 21 because although I have been through a lot everyday I learn more and that's what I enjoy doing. What have I been through you ask? Good question... I've been married, then divorced right now I'm not sure what my relationship status is *I promise to explain in due course*. I have attended the funerals of 2 of my children thank God though I still have 2 sons so I have learned to celebrate what is and make peace with what isn't. I'm the preacher's daughter *everything they say about us is true* but I don't believe in God because my daddy told me to I believe because I know and everyday I continue to see that the Bible isn't a story book. I've also known the humiliation of unemployment, what I learnt there is that humiliation breeds humility! I've been through other stuff but these so far have been the bazingers *thank you Sheldon Cooper*. Through this blog I aim to impart what I have learnt and allow anyone who wants to share anything they have learned to impart their insights feel free however to vent on here because sometimes we get so hemmed in by our experiences that we feel ashamed to share with people we actually know so think of me and this community as your virtual sister, mentor, friend no topic is off limits... Holla at your virtual girl!

2 comments:

  1. A couple of months late, but I'm looking forward to your insight, knowing how awesome you already are!

    ReplyDelete